Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"I have a magpie mind. I like anything that glitters!"


I was thinking today about what it is I really like to do. The truth is I really like to do lots of things. I am passionate about life and so many things that I never can seem to pick just one. Careers, flowers and veggies in my garden, houses (if I had more money). I'd have one of everything there is if it was possible. My husband is lucky I guess -I've only ever wanted one of him. Regardless, I find this manic state is not really beneficial financially. If I had stuck with one thing maybe I'd have made a fortune by now? I really am not bad at most things I try and I guess that's what confuses me. Are we designed to be really good at just a few things? If so I don't know what I am really good at. These are the things I'm not bad at: music, art, website design/technology, teaching, building, leading others, photography, talking, organizing/analyzing things...These are the things I'm really bad at: math, details, money, exercise, keeping a journal or log of stuff.... So I guess I should concentrate my efforts in the arts. I probably should have gone into PR or website design but those were not well paying jobs when I was in college - heck the Internet didn't even really exist for the public. I don't mind teaching and I don't want to quit but I get bored with it easily because I don't get to see a finished product. I want to LOVE what I do. I really liked working in construction because I could finish a project and say - I did that! I'd build a house every year if I had the money & time. So... I guess I need to ask God for guidance for my "magpie mind." I think they call it ADHD now'a days. It is a gift in that I'm not afraid to try anything but a curse as well. I like who I am I just don't think it's practical for someone who needs to make a living ~

No comments:

Post a Comment